Sign Gypsies Puget Sound Club Policies & Procedures
Important! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. NOBODY likes to read rules and policies, we TOTALLY get it. However, this information IS important so you can know what to expect from us, and what we also expect from you before you rent a yard greeting!
PLEASE take a minute to get acquainted with how we operate at Sign Gypsies.
When signs are booked &/or paid for, you have agreed to all policies prior to setup.
WATERING POLICY: hard, dry SOIL could result in cancellation of service.
Please prepare your SOIL by watering your yard DAILY in the three (3) days before delivery, even if it has recently rained. You may need to water for several hours during dry seasons. We encourage you to check the density of your SOIL using a 6-8″ screwdriver to make sure it’s ready for installation. If you can EASILY penetrate the soil with a screwdriver in more than one spot (primarily the first 15 feet from the curb), your SOIL is soft enough. If you have to push hard or use a hammer, your SOIL is too hard – PLEASE WATER until the SOIL is soft. If your screwdriver won’t go into the ground, our stakes won’t go in either. ***If we cannot install your sign because the SOIL is too hard/dry, we WILL NOT issue a refund. We appreciate your understanding, as we invest time and labor into your order by preparing our inventory for your display, driving to the delivery location, and attempting installation. We will make EVERY EFFORT to install your sign, but a hard, dry yard can make installation impossible. We WILL NOT drill or hammer into your soil, not only is it disruptive at late hours, it could potentially cause damage. *PLEASE, PLEASE WATER*
PAYMENTS & DELIVERY:
- Preparing a greeting takes a lot of prep work to get the details right! Due to this, payment is required a minimum of 24 hrs prior to delivery of yard greeting. In the event of non-payment, a cancellation notification will be sent via Square notifying you of the cancellation of greeting.
- Greeting may be modified due to yard size and condition. If you are unsure if your yard will accommodate the size greeting you’ve ordered please email us ahead of time with a photo just so we can ensure you’ve selected an appropriate package.
- Due to the unique nature of each setup and # of greetings booked each day, we can not guarantee a specific delivery/pick up time. We only guarantee that the greeting will be delivered within the window specified on your confirmation.
- There is no need for you to be home during delivery or removal. We will install your greeting quickly and quietly in the best location for aesthetic and installation purposes. If requested: we will leave a note on the doorknob for the recipient with the sender’s name to let them know who the yard greeting is from.
- If your greeting is a surprise for an address other than your own, we require that you please notify someone in that household that we will be on the property during the scheduled window for setup and take down. This is for our safety but also to help keep the surprise. By booking the sign and proving payment, you agree that we have the permission to be on the property. Purchaser is responsible for the sign while placed in the yard, regardless of if they live at address & should forward our policies to homeowner.
- If the rental is a surprise evening setup for another member of your household: please close blinds/drapes during the delivery time window and leave an outside light on for us so we can identify the address easily.
- Please water your yard in the days leading up to your delivery if it has not rained in several days. If a 6″ screwdriver can easily penetrate the ground, we will have a happy Gypsy! If we are unable to install a greeting due to ground conditions when we arrive, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN due to time spent prepping, traveling and ATTEMPT to install.
- We cannot put signs in pea gravel, concrete, mulch, flower beds, thick landscaping, hard packed soil that has been used as a driveway, for example. We install signs on lawns. We define lawns as unobstructed soil with grass on the top.
- Please do NOT remove our signs from your lawn for ANY reason. If they need to be taken down before your scheduled removal time, please contact us and we will take care of it ASAP.
PERSONAL INJURIES & DAMAGES:
- We encourage you to pose next to the display for photographs, but for the safety of everyone, please do not touch, lean on, or play near the display. Our items will not safely support any weight or pressure.
- We will not be held liable for injuries or damages that occur.
- Please do NOT attach anything (balloons, string, decorations, etc.) to any part of the display.
- Please do NOT mow, edge around or take down the yard sign display for lawn maintenance purposes. Damage caused by mowing & yard maintenance will be assessed & billed at our replacement cost.
- If you have a lawn service scheduled during the duration of your display it is your responsibility to inform them of this policy or simply reschedule for them to come after the sign is removed.
- If you have any outdoor pets, please keep them away from the signs. Damage caused by pets will be assessed & billed at our replacement cost. We strongly encourage you to keep them fenced in a separate area or indoors for the duration of your rental.
- All signs are the property of Sign Gypsies, you will be held responsible for all damages/replacement charges.
- Sign Gypsies and all representatives are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage that may be caused to any person or personal property during the setup or removal of any rental.
PHOTO & ADVERTISING RELEASE:
- We will photograph your yard greeting rental for use on our business website, Instagram, and Facebook pages and publicly congratulate the recipient unless you otherwise inform us not to do so.
- We will place a small sign in your yard with our contact info. This sign is unobtrusive to your custom greeting, please do not move it.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
- We respectfully reserve the right to cancel an order if we feel the delivery area may be unsafe for our employees or our signs. We will contact you if this situation arises to decide on an alternative arrangement/solution.
- We will not be able to set up or take down the display under severe hazardous weather conditions including but not limited to hail, lightning & excessive wind.
- We will do our best to make alternative scheduling arrangements, but if we are unable to set up a greeting because of severe weather, you will receive a full refund.
- We reserve the right to pull a greeting early if hazardous weather conditions arise.
- If you must cancel your yard greeting, you must do so AT LEAST 48 hours BEFORE your scheduled delivery in order to receive a refund.
- Rescheduling a greeting for any reason is subject to availability.
- If we are are provided the incorrect address for delivery, refunds will not be provided if sign has been placed. Addresses are copied & pasted directly from the booking form. PLEASE double check address prior to our arrival. In the event we have been provided an incorrect address & we can not install the sign- signs will be refunded up to $50 if they have not yet been placed.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT:
Customer agrees to protect, defend, indemnify Sign Gypsies Puget Sound and hold its officers, employees and agents free and harmless from and against any and all losses, penalties, damages, settlements, costs, charges, professional fees, or other expenses or liabilities of every kind and character arising out of or relating to any and all claims, liens, demands, obligations, actions, proceedings or causes of action of every kind and character in connection with or arising directly or indirectly out of the Sign Gypsies Puget Sound rental agreement and/or the performance thereof. Customer further agrees to investigate, handle, respond to, provide defense for any such claims, etc., at his sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if it (claims, etc.) is groundless, false or fraudulent. The agreement is in effect for the duration of the rental process as defined by the effective dates of the rental agreement.